Saturday, April 11, 2015

[Sk8Factory/Mimic Review] Skateboard manufacturing scum

I've been wanting to write this review to a skateboard deck manufacturer called Sk8 Factory. -- btw, they also own Mimic Skateboards.  Since there is no real way of informing other possible customers of these sub-standard manufacturer, I really think this review is needed to be posted to keep this money-sucking sub-standard Sk8 Factory away from the industry.

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY from Sk8Factory (or Mimic Skateboards)!!!

They sell cheap because THEIR PRODUCTS ARE CHEAP!

The skateboard decks that Sk8 Factory (or Mimic Skateboards) produces gets easily delaminated.  This is due to their lack of experience in having a dyed ply mixed in the 7-ply deck -- the paint/color they use in dying the ply causes the dyed ply to not properly bind with the other plies.  This other skater's review shows that Sk8Factory (or Mimic Skateboards) were originally not using dyed ply.

Also, they only produce deck on demand but waits for a bulk batch to maximize the labor cost -- which is understandable to any business-minded individuals BUT this is a deadly combination for your skateboard decks.  After a month of production, they will start shipping your products hoping they cure while being delivered.  They need to deliver the product soonest the graphics are dried because you as their client have been waiting months when they were still waiting for other others.  And here you are so gullible and eager to test their product upon receiving it not knowing that the boards have not cured to its maximum curing time.  You'll only realize once it's all too late.

Their price is too good to be true because they are experimenting on the products that you will order from them.  So, whatever you do, DO NOT BUY anything from Sk8Factory or from Mimic Skateboards!

There's another video review which is basically a shallow review, IMHO.  The client is (or was) happy because finally his orders came in with his own graphics.  That same reviewer has a second video review where it shows how the board works, but as you can see the skater is kind of beginner that any sub-standard deck would probably pass his standards -- the reviewer can't even pop the board proper to level a proper ollie.


The only thing they got right is that their graphics doesn't easily come off like most brands.  But would that actually matter to you if the wood won't even last?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, a quality review. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Sk8factory does not ship to the Philippines also we buy the wood with the stain and the supplier that supplies us with the veneer also supplies 90 percent of the skateboard Factories in the USA
Clearly you are working for one of our competitors and our real customers know we have good boards because word of mouth. This cheep shot of trying to slow us down will not work because 90 percent of our customers are referals. NICE TRY!
We have had 15 years of success due to the great response from our customers.
Reading your fake review only shows you know nothing about skateboards or how they are made or even doubt that you even skate.

Choncordia Skateboards said...

My Name is Hali Estrada and Im the Owner and head Designer of Choncordia Skateboards (www.choncordia.com) , we have been in business since 1988 and we have been doing business with Sk8Factory for over 5 years (www.sk8factory.com). The wood and press quality of the boards are outstanding and the graphics look amazing, not to mention their excellent customer service.
Our Professional Skateboarders SAFETY depends highly on the quality of the boards and we as a company strive to give our customers the best we can offer, and Sk8Factory craftmanship have never disappointed us; We Skate everyday and the durability of the boards shows that is a premium quality product, specially now that the Skateboard industry is filled with low quality boards that are made in China we are proud to offer to our customers boards that are 100% Made in America by Sk8Factory, a company with more than 15 years experience, “Professional boards made by Professionals”.
I personally been Skating for more than 28 years and Sk8Factory boards are the best I have ever ridden, and as a Designer I really appreciate the fact that my graphics are sharp and with the colors I envisioned, their sublimation process give you amazing looking colors and their turnaround time has always impress me, is really satisfying to see my graphics printed on a board so quickly and with such great quality.
I highly recommend Sk8factory to anyone that wants quality custom made Skateboards, they are one of if not the best Wood shop in USA and they have been a valuable asset to our company for over 5 Years; We are not beginners and we have been skating for almost 30 Years, our Professional Skateboarders ride only Sk8Factory Wood and we will continue to use Sk8Factory as long as we are in business for their unmatchable board durability, quality and pop.

Unknown said...

I am so glad I found out about Philippine leads at www.PhilippineLeads.com They are able to increase my sales by over 100% using Email or SMS Blast Marketing. They also have the largest selection of leads that really help me grow my business.

Disgruntled said...

Sk8 factory.....how about when you sent me 10 out of the 20 boards that were cut wrong. The nose was way too big and the tails way too short. Then I talked with the wife of Travis and told her that I could not sell these and she just said that I could if I tried harder. When I sent Travis pictures and showed him he stated that they were not supposed to look like that and assured me that he would "hook me up" on my next order. Which I did order more boards and when I received my shipment there was 1 extra board and it had a bump in the top layer so it was also worthless. I started ordering boards from this place in 2010 and at first they seemed to be good but slowly over the years they became worse until I literally could not sell the boards I ordered and wasted about 800 dollars on skateboards from this company. I sold a few but they suck so bad that nobody wanted to buy anymore after word got around. If you're trying to start a company or already have a company go somewhere else and spend a little extra to get a good quality product unless you want to go out of business like my company did. I also have emails and pictures to back up what I'm saying on this review. Thanks for nothing Travis, you and your wife are terrible people.

Anonymous said...

Dont Tell us that Sk8 Factory sucks. Just give us the information where to buy from. company name and numbers so people dont make amymore mistakes like you guys did.

Anonymous said...

I live in PR and want to make at least 100 deck with my own art. Can you tell me wich company should I order from. names Numerber. thank you

creek23 said...

Regarding 100 decks with own art, try SyndromeDist.com well worth every penny spent. ;)

Unknown said...

Hell yeah we do our skateboards with you guys Humble skateboard Co. An every one cant get over how good they feel an the shape

Longboard Brand said...

For the new riders, how to choose the perfect skateboard is something tough. First of all you should know the different categories of skateboards to serve varied functionalities, rider skill and how rider is going to use it.

Colin Kint said...

your article is a pleasure to read, especially I enjoyed reading the most of its subject matter. However, on Skateboard, I think I need some more discussion, so my community people, and visitors of our website best skateboard decks can benefit more from it as/when they need. Thank you so much, by the way!

James said...

Players need to consider whether to give priority to a certain weapon and equipment according to the actual situation. However, if you choose to visit MMOWTS, there will be no worries. If you are missing any Diablo 2 Resurrected Items, you can buy them directly there. The operation is simple and convenient.

Elina Rose said...

When beginning longboarding, one question quickly arises: Do I really need to get skate shoes? The answer to that question depends a lot on the individual. No one needs a purpose-built shoe to skate on the driveway or cruise down the sidewalk. But the best longboard shoe is in its element once serious speeds and longer rides come into the equation. The flat surface of the deck dictates that the outsoles also be flat, and the unique forces and friction of longboarding require materials that can withstand abuse. The following shoes break many molds, and in the process solve the riddle of longevity and board feel in their own ways website.

chengqi said...

I swear bridesmiad gowns have gotten exponentially cuter during the last few seasons. Perhaps I'm delusional, but I think the 3 wedding dresses below—all from Dessy's Spring 2013 collection—are perfect types of things relocating the "cute" direction!

Which one of these burgundy bridesmaid dresses is your favorite? Remember, many of these come inside a bunch of colors! (No. 1 is available in 80 colors!)